Desktop replacement laptops: The days of laptops being inferior to desktop computers are long gone. Laptops on the market can give desktop-level performance and speed while remaining relatively light and compact. It’s like having the best of both worlds in one model. Choosing a new laptop isn’t always a simple task because there are so many alternatives. To save you the trouble, we’ve narrowed down the finest desktop replacement laptops so you don’t have to sift through and analyze hundreds of options. Following are the best desktop replacement laptops of 2021.
ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17:
The Strix Scar series from ASUS is one of the greatest desktop replacement laptops for value for money. These laptops aren’t the heaviest on the market, but they nevertheless offer desktop-level performance at a price that’s not out of the ordinary. The Strix Scar 17’s attention to detail is immediately apparent upon first sight.
- DDR4 3200MHz 16GB of RAM
- 300Hz 3ms IPS-Type 17.3″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS Monitor
- Windows 10 Home is an operating system for personal computers
One of the fastest 10th-Generation Intel Core i7 processors is found in the ASUS Strix Scar 17 and a powerful GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 1TB PCIe NVMe solid-state drive storage, and 16 gigabytes of RAM that are comparable to those found in a 2k gaming laptop.
- Exceptional 300Hz IPS FHD display
- Tenth-generation processing powerhouse
- At a reasonable cost
- On the low end, battery life.
- The touchpad is small in comparison to the rest of the device.
ASUS’ ROG G703GI:
ASUS’ ROG G703GI, which is likely the most powerful Desktop replacement laptops on our list, makes another appearance. If you’re looking for a computer for online classes, this one is a solid option, but it’s also one of the priciest. To take advantage of the ROG G703GI’s already impressive performance, it enhances it with more powerful hardware, allowing it to outperform even the most powerful desktop-replacement laptops computers.
- Intel Core i9 8th Gen, 2.9 GHz, 6 Cores
- A total of 64 GB of DDR4/2666MHz RAM
- More than 4TB of SATA3 and M.2 PCIe-x4 SSD storage.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card
In terms of design, the ROG G703GI isn’t much different from its predecessor, which isn’t necessarily a negative thing, given the G70’s impressive armored aesthetics. Furthermore, this is not a snake-hipped laptop in any way. It’s just as hefty and clumsy as the previous model.
- Exceptional gaming capabilities are provided.
- Components of the highest quality
- Faster refresh rate and a larger screen
- An absolute king’s ransom should pay for this desktop replacement laptop.
- A battery’s life expectancy is drastically reduced
HP Envy 17T:
HP, a well-known brand in the computer business, has unveiled the Envy 17t, a sleek new model in its Envy line. Its fashionably appealing skeleton will draw the attention of passersby. If you’re looking for a laptop to replace your desktop, this is the one for you.
- Intel Core i7-1065G7, 4 GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD
- Up to 4.7 GHz of processing power
- Touchscreen: 17.3-inch FHD
- Pro version of Windows 10.
- 10 hours of battery life
- The 6.02 lb. weight
This laptop isn’t going to help you if you’re planning to play many games. For those who want to replace their desktop replacement laptop with it, you might want to rethink your decision. Nonetheless, it’s going to be a feast for your professional requirements.
- Elegant Design of the Chassis
- Large 17-inch 4K HDR Monitor
- Adobe’s Pre-installed Software
- Fingerprint Scanners That Don’t Work
- Gets Hot Quite Quickly
The L340 is a Lenovo IdeaPad.
With its attractive features, this laptop from Lenovo will convince you to change from a desktop replacement laptop to a computer if you’re a frugal person. Lenovo Ideapad L340 is primarily a low-cost gaming laptop, but it may also serve as a genie for all of your other computer requirements. Let’s get to the bottom of it without wasting any more time pounding our heads against the wall.
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage
- Display: FHD IPS 15.6-inch
The graphics coprocessor is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (3GB GDDR5), and it comes with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and a 1TB hard drive. A 15.6″ anti-glare display with a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution ensures that your user experience will not hamper.
- It has a decent battery.
- Isn’t able to handle 4K
- Keyboard Made of Plastic
The MacBook Pro by Apple:
For the past few years, Apple MacBooks have been helping working professionals ditch their Desktop replacement laptops. It is not the case with the newer MacBook Pro 16. It’s a great option if you want the best of both worlds: the power of macOS and the sleekness of a high-end machine. The 2.3GHz Intel Core i9-9980HK processor powers this high-end MacBook Pro. However, with Turbo Boost, it can reach a maximum of 4.8GHz.
- Computer Processor: Intel Core i9-9980HK @2.3 GHz
- 16GB of RAM
- One terabyte solid-state drive (SSD)
- 16-inch Full HD Retina Display (3072 x 1920)
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M: 4GB of GDDR
Apple’s only 16-inch laptop, the Retina Display-equipped MacBook Air, is now available. The 3072 x 1920 resolution isn’t precisely 4K, but it gives a high sharpness and detail. In the end, this small notebook features even thinner bezels than the previous one.
- Lightweight and streamlined design
- High-performance overclocked CPU
- The entire storage space is SSD-based.
- Problems with thermal throttling
- An adapter or hub is required.
Due to its portability, one may choose a laptop over a desktop because of its smaller size.
Is using a laptop instead of a desktop computer is possible?
It can do by plugging the laptop into the dock and connecting it to the keyboard and mouse.
Why Do Laptops Cost More Than Desktops?
Creating compact and high-performing technology on laptops costs more than it does on desktop computers.
Is the desktop computer a thing of the past?
Laptops are rapidly displacing desktop PCs in places where desktops were formerly the norm. The platform is still growing, though, regarding various types of use cases—users who require the performance of desktop computers, content makers, gamers, and a few professionals.
Read also: Ways to fix Snapchat volume not working.